Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wii!! Let's Exercise

Bob and I try to exercise but sometimes it's hard. Bob decided that we might have fun and do it more often if we had a Nintendo Wii Fit. He does love toys. I was fine with getting the Wii but I didn't want to buy the whole Nintendo system.
Luckily, Brian said we could borrow his for now. Actually, we do use the Wii Fit just about every day. It isn't the exercise that is so fun, but I am competative (you may not know that about me) and I like to see if I can beat the record and get the highest score.

The worst part about the Wii is when you step off and the poor machine acts like you just broke it's back. Oh well, here are some of my favorite games and my high scores.

Possibly the easiest game is the rhythm game where you follow the beat stepping on and off the balance board. The trick is to get "perfect" with each step. I am usually right around 300 but I always manage to get "ok" on a few of the steps.


Another one we do a lot is the ski jump. You squat on the balance board trying to keep your center of gravity even as you glide down the ski jump. Then just at the right time you extend your knees and keep balanced until you land. Your score is a combination of 2 jumps. My record is 341 meters which was sheer luck. I haven't made it past 300 since.


One of my other favorites is the hula hoop exercise. You stand on the board and swing your hips in a circle as fast as you can. Every few seconds, another Mii throws you another hoop which you have to catch while keeping the others up. In level 1 you can have a maximum of 5 hoops.


If you do it almost perfectly, you score somewhere in the low 300's, although I'm wondering how others have done on this level. I figure if I earn 4 stars, I must be doing ok.



The Wii Fit does not care if it offends you. It will happily tell you that you stink at an exercise and it doesn't mind saying "You're obese". It will reprimand you when you skip a couple of days and you have to know how to skip past the weight or you may accidentally see your. It is challenging and fun though.

No comments: