Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere..But Where is the Fun?

So here I sit in beautiful Fort Lauderdale. I love it here. The minute I got here yesterday a lot of great memories came flooding back. Bob and I have been here many times and we always have so much fun. Of course we are typically getting on or off of a cruise ship.



Today I'm here to work. I spent all day yesterday flying and got here around midnight. I am staying at a nice Marriott resort on the beach but I have barely had a chance to walk out to the beach. I did get up around 6:00 am this morning and took a little walk. I picked up a couple of nice shells and ended up in a hammock watching the sun come up.


Then it was back to my room, where I have been working.


I was going to go to one of my favorite restaurants, Smokey Bones for lunch but it's on the other side of town. I decided to walk out to the beach again to see if I could find a place to have lunch on the beach.
It turns out the hotel serves burgers and drinks there.
I love Fort Lauderdale.


Tomorrow I will visit a customer but I hope to have the evening to myself so I can goof off. Is it worth the 8+ hours of travel each way? Yeah, probably.

3 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

That drink looks DELICIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

yeah looks like you are working very hard!

Emily's World said...

JEALOUS!!! That drink looks amazing. I think I should go get one. I think the baby needs it. ;) ;)