Monday, March 2, 2009

Strong Convictions? Maybe not!

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love baseball. My favorite holiday is not Christmas, Thanksgiving or even Mother's Day. I love opening day and we typically celebrate at our house with hot dogs and apple pie. When Patricia was born on April 9th, opening day, I thought her nickname should naturally be "Homer". Somehow that never caught on.

This year Ady came up with an ingenious idea so that no matter what, someone would end the year happy and there would be a celebration at the end of the World Series. We all got to draw a team name and that would be our team for the year. All 30 teams were distibuted and the holder of the winning team gets their own "Cinco de Miko" style celebration, complete with lots of presents. Gift cards are nice!

Some would call me lucky, but I drew the Boston Red Sox of all teams. One of my 2 least favorite teams in all of baseball. When the Yankees play the Red Sox, I root for both teams to lose.

That being said, the Red Sox have been given 3/1 odds of winning it all this year. 3/1....that's pretty dang good. So am I willing to stand up for what I believe in and trade away my team for one that is easier to root for? Heck no....3/1 odds, would you give that up?


4 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

"When the Yankees play the Red Sox, I root for both teams to lose."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it. I like your optimism. I am jealous of your odds. I think I am looking at 30/1 or something not nearly as likely as yours.

Anonymous said...

Go Rockies!

The VanderHoevens said...

Go Braves! - Valerie

The Keenan Family said...

Even though I am forced to root for the A's this year; I am secretly (well maybe not that much) rooting that the Red Sox and you win!!! Go Sox! The M's and all the other teams are a bunch of losers. Do you think Oklahoma City could use the M's as well?