Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This is What a C-Section Looks Like

I was a bit apprehensive about actually being in the room when Heather had her c-section, so I was a little relieved when they said that only one person could go in with her. When they were about 10 minutes from the actual surgery, a nurse offered to let me watch from a window. She told me that the blinds would be closed at the window but that she would open them.




Brooks did a great job of keeping Heather occupied. He was calm and said just the right things. He recorded the whole thing from Heather's perspective and we all watched the video this afternoon.



I wasn't so sure I wanted to watch when I started seeing blood. But then things started getting interesting.


Time to break out the heavy artillary



The doctor said he was very high and ended up having to do some digging to get him out.







Here he is! The whole thing took about 6 minutes.


The second he was born, they showed him to me at the window and closed the blinds.

2 comments:

Sirrine said...

Those pictures made my scar hurt. Congratulations on your new grandson!

Anonymous said...

super cool pictures, I never got to see mine. I am so glad you were able to be there.