Sunday, June 29, 2008

Barcelo Maya Anyone?

It's a beautiful day in the Seattle area today with temperatures in the 90's. After church I had Bob inflate Connor's swimming pool on our back deck so I could sit in it to cool off. Yes, I know, it's not a pretty picture but the deck is not really visible to others and it felt really good. We talked earlier today (when we should have been paying better attention in church) and what we need is a vacation. I know, it hasn't been that long since the last one but we really love going to tropical places. We ran the numbers and searched the American Airlines website to see where we could get the best frequent flyer tickets, and we think we have a plan. We would leave Seattle at 11:55 pm on Saturday, October 25th. It's Opa's (Dad's) 80th birthday and we want to be there to celbrate it. We would get into Cancun the morning of the 26th. We would spend 4 nights at the lovely Barcelo Maya resort and then one night closer to the airport in Cancun, before returning home on the morning of October 31st. You may ask if we can move the dates and unfortunately, we can't. We checked all of September, October and November, and this was the best we could do. We haven't even confirmed these days yet but we will soon. Why the Barcelo? This place has some of the most amazing pools I have ever seen with swim up bars and all the Margaritas you can stand (virgin, of course). The Caribbean beach is beautiful white sand as far as you can see. It's so big, it couldn't possibly be crowded. Is that enough to convince you? If not, try this...all you can eat chocolate ice cream on the breakfast buffet and all day long. Check out the videos on You Tube. I'm in! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGEcLgJbcMo&NR=1





6 comments:

Lonely Paul said...

Hello

Sirrine said...

We'll go! In a few years... looks like alot of fun!

Pam said...

We are so IN!! Adding it to our calendars now.

The Keenan Family said...

Terence and I will be there if we have flight benefits by then. Of course that means our kids will come too but that could be a lot of fun for them!

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Brooks and I were just wondering if you could handle just doubling the cost of your vacation and adding Brooks and I into your plans. Just something to think about. :)

ps...that ice cream may or may not look like dog poop. sorry

Brian Lutz said...

I was thinking it looked more like some diabolical Yoga pose, but I suppose that could wotk too. I guess I'll have to see what my situation looks like once I figure out more of what I'm going to be doing with this new contract.