Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'll Give it a Try .... My Favorite Things


Succumbing to peer pressure from the rest of the family, I have decided to give blogging a try. Not only is this my first attempt at blogging, but I have to admit I have not kept a journal either. I have never been able to figure out how to start. So even though it is unlikely anyone who is does not know me very well will read this, I thought I would start by telling you, the reader, what some of our favorite things are. When I refer to I, I mean Karen. Bob is no writer.

You might think that the title "Life in the Fast Lane" is an unusual title for 2 empty nest 50, somethings, but we keep very busy and love to have fun.

We love to cruise, and Princess is our cruise line of choice. We just got back from our 10th Princess cruise, this time it was the Southern Caribbean. Next time, who knows?


On a Western Caribbean cruise a few years ago, it poured rain as we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale with some of the kids and cousin Jamie Sirrine along. It was great anyway!








I love the fact that our family doesn't just talk about doing things, we actually do it. My sister, Pam Sirrine has always loved game shows. Since she was little, she said she wanted our family to go on Family Fued. In the year 2000, we stopped talking and auditioned. We were selected to compete against the Banks Family, who didn't score a single point. Unfortunately, Pam and Jeff choked on a champaign question in the bonus round. Back in those days you got one try, you didn't get to come back the next day. It was an awesome experience, even though we each walked away with only $184 and a t-shirt. Mom charmed the audience with her answer to a question about Cher.




2 comments:

Brian Lutz said...

Oh sure, of all the pictures from the cruise, you decide to post the "we got stuck out in the rain" picture from the cruise. Anyway, welcome to the Blogosphere, and I look forward to seeing what you post here (and refuting half of it.

-Brian

Riland and Jamie Duka said...

I like that picture of us after we got caught in the rain! It was fun!