Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My version of the 8 Things Thread

8 Things I am passionate about

1. The church

2. My husband
3. My kids and their spouses
4. My grandkids and my yet to be born grandkids
5. My dogs (yes, I really like them)
6. Traveling (especially in the Caribbean)
7. Family History
8. Walking

8 Books I Have Read And Enjoyed

I'll pass on this one. I'm not a big reader...my eyes are lousy and it takes too much time away from the family. I do like to read the latest version of Uncle John's Bathroom Readers.

8 Words or phrases I say often


1. It will all work out (I say it a lot but it always does)
2. Puppies, come!
3. I love you!
4. What the heck is she thinking?

5. I'll do it
6. The Mariners suck this year
7. Yikes!
8. What were you thinking about for dinner? (I always try to say it first)


8 Things I want to do before I die

1. See Machu Picchu and hike the Inca Trail
2. Throw out the first pitch at a Mariner's game (a strike)
3. Have a lot of grand kids and watch them grow up
4. Have lap band surgery and lose 100 pounds
5. Advance my career (I really like working) and be a big whig
6. Celebrate my husband's 90th birthday with him
7. A lot of volunteer work
8. Travel more

9 Things I have learned this past year (I am adding one to make up for not reading books

1. There are very few people I completely trust
2. It's pretty dang fun hearing a child call you grandma
3. I'm very good at my job
4. Some people are just nasty
5. Teaching Primary is a very important calling
6. Cancer is a disease of love, but it still sucks!
7. I'm very competative (nah, I already knew that)
8. My life isn't necessarily exciting enough to blog very often
9. The VanderHoeven Machine is a powerful thing

No comments: