Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What Does Your Workspace Say About You?



I'm sitting here thinking I need to update my blog, because it's no fun when people go days or even a week without updating theirs. Bob and Jared are once again in the driveway under the hood of my car, which is in exactly the same place it was last time I blogged about it. If all goes well, I hope to be driving it and turning in my rental car in just a few days. I just got back from the dog park, my usual outing, the Mariners are just about to lose ...again, and I'm looking through my photos for something to post.


In my "barfday" folder, I found these 2 pictures I took of my office (don't ask me why). Until I looked at the photos, I didn't realize how much my office says about me. You will notice that on my desk there are a couple of magnet and puzzle toys that I usually pick up and play with when I am talking to someone. If I'm not playing with toys, there are some heavy ball weights on the file cabinet. On my window sill you will see a wooden fishy puzzle I got in Cozumel. I bring that one out every once in a while. I like having my hands busy.

My bulletin board includes photos of just about anyone who would be reading this blog, my pin collection, lots of All-Star game and Mariners stuff, an American flag and one or 2 work related things. Hanging on my wall behind my monitor there is a picture of dogs that Ady drew for me and at eye level there is a picture of Connor. I don't have one of Corey because parents of second children don't take as many pictures.

Across the office on the other wall I have a bookcase. Instead of books, I have more toys, lots of trinkets that vendors give out, weights, more family photos, my 4 and a half year old laptop I don't want to give back in case the one I use goes bad, a baseball encyclopedia that someone once left on my desk (I never found out who), and some very well known candy baskets which bring in a lot of visitors, especially on Fridays. What you can't see are more framed pictures, including one of Safeco Field and an artist signed poster from the Holland Days festival that we went to in Linden, WA a couple of years ago. Hanging from my window next to my door is fishing wire with rhinestones and mirrors hot glued to it. I get a lot of compliments on that, probably more than anything else I have ever made myself except for things I have sewed. I enjoy my office and you can usually find me either there or in Pam's office


Our offices will be moving to downtown Bellevue by the end of this year and we will get to nice cozy cubicles. It's a beautiful building but it's going to be hard to decide what will come with me.







3 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

Oh I love your office! Its true, it is very you! I wish my office was more exciting, I would take a picture and share it on my blog... maybe when I grow up.

The Keenan Family said...

I need you to come help me decorate my office sometime. Right now it does not say anything about me except that I need more time to organize and decorate.

Brian Lutz said...

At work, I'm in a cube with two other people, so I stick to my home office for decorating (if you could call it that.) I should probably post something on that, but right now it's way too messy to post pictures of all over the Internet...