Sunday, July 20, 2008

We Surrender!



We looked forward to Saturday for several weeks. Bob was going to do his own thing, mainly work on my still unusable car, and I was going to watch Corey and Connor all day while Jacki and Terence were attendants at their friends wedding. Based on the times I have watched the boys before, I was going to clean the house with Connor's help and Corey was going to entertain himself. Of course I knew they would need some closer attention, like feeding Corey and playing with the boys. How hard could it be?

The day was a lot more work than we expected. Connor had been throwing up and had a fever the day before, but he was better. It turned out he was not feeling as well as we thought. He wanted to eat, but everything he took in came right back out from one end or the other. Corey is a sweetie, but he is not a big fan of bottles and he smiles a lot more when he is being held. I don't think he felt all that well either.

To make a long story (and an even longer day ) short, we went to Target and bought a fun exerciser for Corey. We bought a high chair which worked out great for Connor. Not to mention a few new toys to keep things entertaining. Neither Bob or I had much of a chance to leave the family room all day long and needless to say, the house did not get cleaned (except for the carpet getting cleaned as it was barfed on) like I thought it would.

I don't know if I have lost my touch, if I don't remember what it was like to have little ones around all day, or if it was just because the boys didn't feel well. Either way, my hat is off to you young moms and dads. Although I'm pooped today, it was great to have time to bond with the boys and I look forward to doing it again. Next time while the parents go to dinner or a movie, not a 13 hour event...deal?

5 comments:

The VanderHoevens said...

I love this post! That is probably what my house will look like in about 6 months.

The Keenan Family said...

THANK YOU for watching them! It was nice to know they were being so well taken care of. Sorry it was such a nightmare. Next time you watch them we will make sure they are not sick. LOVE YOU!

Brian Lutz said...

There's got to be some way to automate the walking around part of the "keeping Cory happy"
equation... Maybe if you put wheels on his carseat and stuck that on a treadmill?

Sirrine said...

Poor sick boys. Looks like a good time?

Anonymous said...

yikes! that is why the young have the babies. We just get to enjoy them.